Support Content Highlights newsletter for Notes, Domino, iNotes & Notes Traveler (March 2011)
Autor: Daniel Recio -- Abril 2 2011
This information is also available online in Technote #7017389: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27017389
Support Content Highlights Newsletter
IBM Lotus Notes, Domino, iNotes & Notes Traveler
|This newsletter contains links to new information and current key technical support documents for IBM Lotus Notes, Domino, iNotes, and Notes Traveler that are frequently requested or identified by IBM Lotus Support as valuable. It also features content provided by Lotus Development, Lotus Education, and Information Development teams. |
|Fix Pack 2 for Notes, Domino & iNotes 8.5.2 is now available for download! |
Read about upcoming support for iNotes on Firefox 4
Join us April 13th for our next Open Mic session - "Domino Admin 101". See technote #1457286 for details. Also see the technotes linked below for Q&A transcripts and presentations from recent sessions:
|Featured Technical Content |
|developerWorks & wiki articles Video: How to analyze Notes and Domino Crash and Hang Data Fast Retrieval of View Data Using the ViewNavigator Cache - V8.52 LS11 AD116 XPages Extension Library: Making Application Development Even Easier IBM Redbook - Optimizing Notes and Domino Administration (PDF version) Reference Card: IBM Lotus iNotes 8.5.x Reference Card for Ultra-light Mode|
- Lotus iNotes issues when using Firefox 3.6 with Juniper Reverse Proxies (#1470590)
- Security enhancements in iNotes 8.5.2 may require configuration changes in environments with reverse proxies (#1453878)
- Error: 'java/lang/OutOfMemoryError' memory leak in iNotes spell check (#1451348)
- Potential hang while upgrading the BlackBerry Enterprise Server on IBM Lotus Domino to 5.0.3 (#1470828)
- Domino 8.5.2 crashes with Error Message: PANIC: AccessAllProtected() error *** from MapSharedRegion on pool *** of *** pools (#1469956)
- Setting up a Domino server on a Solaris-based system (#1469507)
- Notes 8.5.2 client installers do not always put down latest version of rcplauncher.exe (#1472756)
- Incorrect image displays for attachment icons in Notes 8.5.2 on Windows (#1445328)
- Keyboard issues when running Notes 8.5.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.5 and 10.6.6 (#1468729)
- Recommended install order for 8.5.2 Language Packs and Fix Packs/Hotfixes (#1469255)
|Lotus Notes Traveler |
SAVE THE DATES!
Lotus Notes Traveler MOBILE JAM week, May 16-20, 2011!
Lotus Notes Traveler 184.108.40.206 is now available:
Updated: Lotus Notes Traveler Frequently Asked Questions (1450615)
Features Android information.
Updated: System Requirements for Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.2 (7019476)
Traveler Support resources:
- Traveler Support Product page
- Traveler APAR Listing
- Traveler Recommended Maintenance (4019529)
- Traveler 8.5.2 Wiki Documentation
- Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.2 Performance report
|Download the latest Domino Configuration Tuner rules |
|Take 30 seconds to download the easy-to-use Domino Configuration Tuner (DCT) and start comparing your Domino environment to a set of best practice rules to identify configuration problems. Once you have DCT installed, click "Check for Updates" to download new rules which are added monthly. Here are two recently added rules: |
- CATALOG_POOL_SIZE_MB - To ensure that the pool size for the catalog is set appropriately. By default the pool size is too small for medium to large environments
- LDAP_MAXPOOLSIZE - should only be configured when troubleshooting LDAP memory pool issues
- Also look for the newly implemented 'Apply Recommended Changes' button!
For more information, refer to this DCT entry in the Notes and Domino wiki.
|Training and Certification for System Administrators, Application Developers, and Users |
|Lotus Education & The Learning Continuum Company bring you all NEW Notes Domino courses!|
Mark 5/15/2011 on your Training Calendar!
In May, a NEW Course, D8L54 - Developing IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.2 Applications: Advanced XPage Design will be available. This advanced course builds upon the skills you obtained in the Developing IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.2 Applications: Intermediate XPages through informative lectures and discussions and hands-on labs.
IBM Lotus Certification Train and Certify Program
Qualifying courses receive a certification promotional code that will enable students to take the corresponding certification exam for 50% off the regular retail price. View all qualifying courses here
Share this event information with your WebSphere Portal colleagues!
IBM Exceptional Web Experience Conference 2011, May 16-19, 2011 in Orlando Florida
Capitalize on the rise of social networks and technologies. Learn how to deliver an exceptional web experience attending world-class educational sessions, and hands-on labs. Certify while onsite; 1st exam free. For full details and to register, visit the event website.
Additional Lotus Education Resources:
|Design and Technical Information |
|Lotus Notes Traveler event|
Pack your virtual bags for an interactive session with members of the IBM Lotus Notes Traveler development team.
Join Jessica Peter, Michelle Cooper, and Velda Bartek for a conversation about the Lotus Notes Traveler Android user experience. Jack Mitchell from Information Development and Rick Gillaspy from development will also be participating in the conversation.
Mark your calendars for Thursday, April 7th, 9:00 AM US Eastern. Additional event details will be provided on Lotus Design Facebook
|Consumability experience survey |
|Would you respond to the Consumability Survey for the latest version of the products you work with? This is an opportunity to influence future releases of our products and save you time by helping to make our systems easier to use. You do not have to identify yourself or your company and it only takes about 30 minutes. |
|Electronic Support Resources |
|Product RSS feeds |
|Subscription info |
|You are receiving this mailing because you have contacted IBM Lotus Support in the past. If you know of others who wish to subscribe, have them send a message to email@example.com with "subscribe" in the subject line. |
To unsubscribe, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.